Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am trying to find out if I can ask for more office space…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find out if I can ask for more office space at my work. I am excellent employee to above and beyond, but share about office and we are crammed in with a woman who is mentally Ill. I am hyper sensitive person abs feel agitated being cramped in with her everyday and feel extreme anxiety. When she is not there, I feel fine. I am.able.to.concentrate. I've been so depressed about it, thought about suicide. She types loudly and all day. Its hard for me. But I know space is limited in hospital. I wear headphones, but now have ringinf in ears and pain from too much noise for 8 hours. Also have gained weight from anxiety over eating.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I work in a hospital as senior admin. Im in Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I would even take a decrease in salary if I can get more work space or work from home couple days

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not formally, I've told my manager having difficult time and she is not sure what to do

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this. The employer and the employee relationship is typically at will meaning the parties may negotiate the terms of the relationship as they see fit, including working conditions (the employer cannot violate law when it comes to working conditions)
Now if an employee has a disability then the employer is required, under the ADA, to make reasonable accommodations so that the employee may continue their work.
A tutorial is herehttps://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/accommodation.html

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer