Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a question about gender discrimination, OR, at will…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about gender discrimination

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

OR

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am currently working for the emplyer but being treated differently. I havent been terminated

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Good evening and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about the treatment you are experiencing. Can you please clarify for me what your specific question is? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

trying to understand the threshold for a gender discrimination claim. fairly high level employee, only female. can show a pattern of behavior to some extent.

Thank you. The standard is as follows: you would need to show by a preponderance of the evidence, meaning that it is more likely than not, that BUT FOR your gender the same adverse employment action would not have been taken against you.

I hope this clarifies. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

no really...

I'm sorry, I don't understand?

Have I misunderstood your question? If so I do apologize.

the answer doesn't show that you understand what would need to be proven for an employee who has not been fired. A preponderance of the evidence is a law school answer and doesnt suggest you are familiar with the case law

Well, I am an employment attorney who has litigated multiple gender discrimination cases, but if you feel you would receive a more accurate answer from someone else I am happy to opt out.

Tina, Lawyer