Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My son filed a complaint with the HR in his company because…

My son filed a...

My son filed a complaint with the HR in his company because he has been racially discriminated by 2 managers at his place of employment - he is not the only one this has happened to but its been ongoing and has been effecting him greatly. The same day they found our that he was making a report to HR they have suspended him from work and retaliated against him. They are continuing to harass him as this would be a very BIG deal for this corporation to be found out that they are allowing this. What should he do at this point?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will - full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Since he filed the complaint they have made up allegations against him in order to suspend him until further investigation. Both accusations were made by one of the offending managers. Both allegations were proven false and he was not reinstated but instead they came up with 2 more accusations that are ridiculous and meritless. They have a District Manager supposedly investigating the racial discrimination claims of my son but he is good friends with the offending party and has not only not suspended him upon further investigation but has questioned all the white employees asking them if they see or feel like there is racial discrimination at the employment. The never once asked any of the black employees (which is only 2)

3/8/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I will outline some options for preparing a claim and other steps

On review of your facts, you have a good case. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

Glad to hear.

Kindly rate the answer 5 stars.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer