Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can you be pointed at worked when a state of emergency is…

Customer Question
Can you be pointed...

Can you be pointed at worked when a state of emergency is called. ? For your state of Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Employees were pointed for missing the day

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Can you explain in more detail what happened? What sort of emergency was called? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

state of emergency because of weather

Thank you. While it would be highly unfair, bordering on ridiculous, for an employer to penalize an employee for not showing up to work during a disaster, this would not violate any law I am afraid to say. The employee's recourse is to reason with the employer, pointing out how they had no way of showing up to work and that this should not be held against them.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further...

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup because this question was still open and I have not heard back from you. Was there anything more I can do to assist you? Did you get a chance to review my answer to your question? Please let me know....