Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I want to know can I be forced to be admitted as a patient…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know can I be forced to be admitted as a patient thru ER to be drug tested.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

AL

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am full time but I believe AL is an at will state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. I had no problem with being “drug tested”, but I told them my medical condition is already being treated through VA. I was told in order to keep my job I must be admitted. Then they ran up a bill on my VA medical insurance.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
The employer has a right to drug test employees. However when you advised the employer of your medical condition, you should have been accommodated and the employer shouldn't have given you additional or extra requirements. You should file an EEOC discrimination complaint as the employer failed to accommodate you and treated you differently based on your disability.
https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfmHere is the EEOC link to assist you with filing a complaint.
If I have adequately addressed your questions, please reward me with a rating of five stars so that I can get credit for this session?
Hi there! In order for my session to be completed & closed out, please accept the answer & provide a five star rating! thanks so much & I hope your issue has been resolved.