Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How to sue for IIED or NIIED and defamation

3/8/2018
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What state are you in?

How much money are you out as a result of the other person's conduct?

Can you tell me a bit about what happened? That will help determine whether you'd sue for NIED or IIED.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Phone call session started
Texas. I want the employees causing to be terminated or a reasonable settlement from my employer.
Can you advise me on what my first step would be?

In this case, the first step would probably be to file the police report. That's partially because you'll be able to more easily prove a case against her if she's been convicted of stalking and harassment, and partially because you might be able to get a no harassment order against her to make her stop.

You'll also want to:

• Get copies of all your medical bills showing what her behavior has cost you.
  • Make sure you have copies of all the emails you're getting when someone tries to log into your account. It's second nature to delete those, but you'll want to pull them out of the trash and save them in a separate folder.
  • Ask your husband to print out the email she sent him and put it in a safe place.
How do I obtain legal representation for this?

The starting point is to call different lawyers in your area. Many will give a free consultation, or one at a reduced cost. Referrals tend to be a good way to find someone, but you can also read reviews from former clients at www.martindale.com.

What type of lawyer would you suggest in this case?

You're looking for someone who does intentional torts or general civil litigation.

Ok

Have a good day.

Thanks. You too

You're welcome!