Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm a Florida resident. I was recently tested for alcohol…

Customer Question
I'm a Florida resident...

I'm a Florida resident. I was recently tested for alcohol and drugs on 3/1 for suspicion and the test results were negative. I was told I would be paid for days missed and returned to duty after results were received. It has now been a week and I haven't heard anything. My understanding is it should have been 48 hours after a negative result. Is there anything I should do? I'm not feeling comfortable with this situation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure, but was approached by my manager to consent to testing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've never had an incident like this before with this employer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Attorney Wendy

Does your employer have a policy on drug testing of employees?