Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was ordered to take a urine sample and the result was

Customer Question
I was ordered to...

I was ordered to take a urine sample and the result was negative but the temp strip indicated a cold sample. I then took another sample a few hours later and it was a little warmer but not hot enough so I was terminated. My question is, will unemployment deny my benefits for misconduct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Yes HR is calling it a fail due to the fact of the temp reading. Unemployment is in the process of making their determination.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time, non union. The incident that brought the ua was due to me hitting a concrete pillar with a forklift 7 days prior.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I wasn't fired for the accident.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Do you have a plausible explanation for what could have caused the bad temp readings? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.