Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Wanting to describe my situation to see if it is age

Wanting to describe my...

Wanting to describe my situation to see if it is age discrimination

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 71. On Jan 25th, 2018, I was told my role was being eliminated due to restructure and I was released and offered a severance pay package = to 29 weeks pay and told I could apply for another job in the company. If I took another job in the company, I could not receive the severance package. The company immediately started to rehire my replacement using the same title as mine. The new person (age approx 45 yrs) started with the company this last Monday with the same title and duties. I think they got rid of me because of my age.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are you being treated worse than workers under 40?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not really but their written reason for getting rid of me was company restructure and my role was eliminated but that didn't happen. They immediately started the rehire process and selected a 45 yr. old +/- and gave the person my old title with the same responsibilities.
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksAn age claim is normally based on giving a job to someone under 40 or being treated worse because of age.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you calling me?
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksIf you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Phone call session started
Infolawyer, Lawyer