Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

In regard to a sales rep got hit from a customer and he ran…

Customer Question
Hello it’s me again in...
Hello it’s me again in regard to a sales rep got hit from a customer and he ran away and didn’t get caught , she gets 1099 form of payment check , After 3 weeks of her being home , we sat and talked to her when she was ready to talk, employee decided to quit which we respected her decision,now she is asking for the worker composition name and number , in different words it seems like she is trying to sue me , is there any law for an owner to be responsible in this case or no ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello , can someone answer me please
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Question:

Response: No. If the sales rep is an Independent Contractor and receives 1099, then the sales rep is not an employee and thus will not be covered by your Workers' Compensation insurance, which only covers employees. See Illinois Workers' Compensation Act, 820 ILCS/305.

Best wishes,

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What’s the best professional legal way I should present that to her , because she been txting me and asking me again and again for the work composition information to be provided , please advice, thank you again

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

There is no best way to deal with this. You just have to let her know that she is not entitled to the information as an Independent Contractor. Thus, you are not going to be providing her the information.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law