Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT PROMISE ME VACTION WHEN I WAS

I WORK FOR A...

I WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT PROMISE ME VACTION WHEN I WAS HIRED BUT TOOK IT AWAY. I DID NOT SIGN ANYTHING SAYING I DON'T WANT MY BENEFIT. THE SECOND PART IS PAID HOLIDAYS. THE FIRST TWO YEARS THEY DID NOT PAY ME FOR MY HOLIDAYS, BUT JUST LAST CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS THEY PAID US. CAN I GET THE TWO OF BACK PAY WITH HOLIDAYS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I work in Alaska, payroll is in Houston and HR is in New Jersy

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I filed a harassment complaint against a coworker the company has never investigated my complaint.... I am still being harassed. And now they are just finding anything to try and write me up.

3/7/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Company required to honor benefits and not harass or discriminate.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
If I wanted to file with eeoc, what state should I file in. I work in Alaska, live in Atlanta. My company HR department is in New Jersey
07 March 2018 10:52If I wanted to file with eeoc, what state should I file in. I work in Alaska, live in Atlanta. My company HR department is in New Jersey

I would file where the employer is located or where you primarily worked.

Good luck. Kindly click on a 5 star rating.

Infolawyer, Lawyer