Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My fellow employees and I are treated poorly everyday. They…

Customer Question
My fellow employees and...

My fellow employees and I are treated poorly everyday. They are running is so short staffed if we call security the take 10+ minutes to arrive. A manager can take 30+ minutes to handle a situation. Is there anything we can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am employee at Casino and security doesn’t check. People come in with guns and knives and throw things at us spit on us and there are major fights new York our casino was in the news today. Daily news. Resorts world casino NYC

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe that is all

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Generally, OSHA requires that all workplaces be reasonably free of dangers to their employees. A failure for an employer to do this means that they are violating OSHA's regulations and could be fined and ordered by the federal government to institute better safety procedures. In addition, if an employer could have taken reasonable steps to protect their employees, but fail to do so, and an employee is injured, then the employer could be liable for negligence. The employees could also file a worker's compensation claim as well and are protected from retaliation.

My recommendation would be to consider an OSHA complaint first. If you click here, you can find the process for doing that. I have personally filed one in my past and I know that they will investigate.

How else can I help you today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer