Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

To whom it may concern: I began my job at Amarillo Heart…

To whom it may...

To whom it may concern:
I began my job at Amarillo Heart Group on March 9, 2005. My job title was scheduler- full time. My job duties included but were not limited to scheduling patient appointments, confirming patient upcoming appointments, rescheduling patient appointments. In my years at Amarillo Heart Group I feel I have gone beyond my job duties, including learning how to schedule procedures specific to the physician, working front office answering incoming calls as well as other clerical work, as assigned. My work ethic and my abilities have been rated very high, as I received numerous patient and staff compliments. There was never any hesitation when asked to cover a different area or to fill in for an absent scheduler. I have developed such a report with each staff member and patients, that I consider them family. However on January 9,2018, I was involved in a situation completely out of my control. I was approached by one of the Amarillo Heart Group physicians who I felt berated and humiliated me in front of other staff members and patients. The type of verbal aggression and what I considered hostility toward me brought tears to my eyes and a feeling of fear I have never had before, while at work. In all my years at Amarillo Heart Group I have never been treated in such a manner that brought humility, disrespect and fear as I was in January 9, 2018. The physician who approached me in this manner I was his full time scheduler at the time and performed my job duties to the best of my ability and to his specific needs and wants. The situation became widely spread throughout the facility as multiple other staff members, not present initially, became involved in the situation.
No employer should ever treat an employee in such a manner that they are humiliated, disrespected and given such a sense of fear, that they have to leave their job duties.
For this reason I respectfully ***** ***** a transfer to another department. I also respectfully ask that I am not placed in a situation where I have any encounters with the involved physician, as I fear this type of behavior would occur again, not only towards me but other staff as well.Thank you for you time with this matter,
Sincerely,***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I have been berated in front of patients as well as co-workers and nothing has been done. The company is out of Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed the report I just sent you to the CEO.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes also they are stating I can not take a day off if I do not have accrued time!?

3/7/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
I have terminal breast cancer to the liver and I feel as if my office is trying to terminate me due the insurance they pay for me.
Company cannot do so as it would be illegal, discriminatory and actionable.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If needed, A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
When will I be able to find out what I should do?

I replied above. did you see the reply. If you have a follow up, let me know

I did see your reply and thank you so very much. I am having trouble finding a lawyer in town and not sure why? This company was also involved in a lawsuit about 4 years ago and lost due to discrimination! I have several coworkers that was a witness to the defimation and one lady and is married to one of the physicians brothers that is a lawyer from Spain, and she also wrote a complaint against this company!
Very welcome. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer