Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I just resigned from my position as a Legal Assistant in a…

Customer Question
Hi - I just...

Hi - I just resigned from my position as a Legal Assistant in a law firm due to bullying and abuse by the attorney that I was working for. I started at this law firm on December 10, 2017. This attorney has a well established history, and as a result the law firm is going to give me a severance agreement for two months of pay, health and dental insurance with the understanding that if I don't get a job within the two months that they would extend the pay and benefits for another month. Here's the problem - the severance agreement is calling this a termination, and it is NOT that - I quit during a teleconference with the Managing Partner. I did not submit a Notice of Termination, and he did not serve one on me. I need someone to look at the severance agreement asap because until I get it finalized, I will be without health and dental insurance. Also, of immediate concern is that I had a Day surgery scheduled for next Tuesday, March 13. Could I arrange to speak with someone ASAP? I can be reached at(###) ###-####***@******.***.Thank you very much,Sincerely,***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?

Maschusetts, and I have only been employed at this firm since December 10, 2017 and my last day Friday, March 2. However, as I stated, no one wants to work for her because of her bullying and abuse - her history at this form is well noted.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With whom? Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it, but I will get into more detail when I speak with the attorney.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 month ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

If you want to do this offline rate the answer here 5 stars and give me your email.I will respond offline for privacy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cannot deal with added expenses at this time. Just had to deal with my Mom's death and burial and the expenses that went with that.

I will opt out good luck here with all

Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help today, what specifically are you needing help with?

Tina, Lawyer