Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

When I interviewed for my current job I informed my manager…

When I interviewed for...

When I interviewed for my current job I informed my manager that if hired, I would need to have Sunday's off. My father is a pastor and I help out in the church. It's also the only day that I get to have my son. My manager agreed but now has decided since he is angry at me that I have to work Sunday's from now on. Do I have any rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at the moment

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
if employer refuses to accomodate and honor the commitment there can be a claim for discrimination.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
thank you
Great! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer