Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Previous employer (company A) has not cancelled medical

Customer Question
insurance nor ever sent COBRA...
previous employer (company A) has not cancelled medical insurance nor ever sent COBRA notification; been employed with another company (company B) and using B's insurance; noticed that some of my medical providers have been using A's insurance because I forgot to give them new insurance; am I in trouble for that? what recourse does 'A' have?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/8/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Questions:

previous employer (company A) has not cancelled medical insurance nor ever sent COBRA notification; been employed with another company (company B) and using B's insurance; noticed that some of my medical providers have been using A's insurance because I forgot to give them new insurance; am I in trouble for that?

Response 1: This is problematic. The insurance company for company A may ask for reimbursement of the payments made. You would then have to contact insurance company for company B to take care of the issue since you were covered by insurance company for company B during the time company A's insurance paid for your medical services.

what recourse does 'A' have?

Response 2: See my first response.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law