Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My friend is a manager at a car dealership parts dept. He is…

Customer Question
Hi my friend is...

Hi my friend is a manager at a car dealership parts dept. He is being harassed by two employees and the boss. what can he do to stop this. he needs his job

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York State

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I'm not sure what at will means

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's a full time job he is the manager there but the employees are union

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

What are the other employees and boss doing?

The employees are going to the boss with stories about how the manager is stealing or not doing what a manager should do.The boss believes what the employees are telling him so he suspends my friend [ the manager] this happens constantly. Is there anything that he can do.

Does he have any reason to believe that this is based on his race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age over 40, or similar status?

I didn't know that i was going to be charged. please disregard i am not paying any more money. My bad for thinking there was help out there that there wasn't a charge for