Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

We are given funds when available from a 3rd party for

We are given funds...

We are given funds when available from a 3rd party for "bonus". It is dependent on a few different things, again based on what the 3rd party has decided. If one was withheld because half of the staff did not get it due to not following the 3rd party's rules did we violate any laws?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I am HR and it has been discussed

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
There is no violation. The Bonus is discretionary, not guaranteed and dependent on third party terms. As such no one has a claim to it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable
Glad to hear it! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer