Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was terminated from my job, I found this out from one of…

Customer Question
I was terminated from...

I was terminated from my job, I found this out from one of my students. I had been in the hospital until today. I was terminated via text

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time. I do sign a LOFA each month telling me what I would be teaching.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes one moment . On November 22 of 2016 the campus director wrote me up retroactively for any PTO I used that year, I you take time off you are required to use your PTO Shortly after this I had a kidney stone at work, I have documentation from the hospital that it was indeed a kidney stone she extended the write up and probation even though I was in the hospital

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post,however, I don't see where you have asked a legal question. Can you tell me what that is? Also, did you take FMLA for your health issue? If not, why not? Are you saying you were terminated for attendance issues and that your absence for the kidney stone (how long?) was used for that reason? Did you speak to HR about this?