Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I need an attorney to write a cease and desist letter for…

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney to write a cease and desist letter for me. What type of attorney handles this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am an assistant principal. Teacher on my campus has been writing emails to all of the school board members and superintendent making several false claims about me.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your request earlier this evening. I'm attorney Bill following up on your request. If this is in relation to conduct at your school you would be seeing an education or a labor attorney.

There is a possibility additionally to sue this teacher for libel where the claims made in the letter are inaccurate or false and that put your character into disrepute.

There are a list of education lawyer here:

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/education-law/texas

The State Bar also offers a a phone referral service to put you in touch with a local attorney:

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

This appears to be something that can be dealt with by the school board by escalating a complaint and privately yourself with the possibility of a civil case for defamation.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as necessary.

In return please take the time to leave a positive rating before your exit.

I'm an independent expert from this site and get a credit after you leave this rating.

By rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is always much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I was reviewing your question posted and didn't receive a reply from you.

Have you found a legal solution or do you need any further clarification ?

I'm an independent legal expert on this site and receive a credit for my time only after you leave a positive rating.

Your brief time in this regard is appreciated.

By rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill