Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is there a law for a clock in grace period? Ga. No not yet…

Customer Question
Is there a law...

Is there a law for a clock in grace period?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet we are trying to make sure we have a fight

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
3/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

There is no specific federal or Georgia state law that gives employees a grace period when clocking in. The law only says that employees must be paid for time worked. The default is that employees are expected to be at work, ready to work (meaning dressed and otherwise prepared) when their scheduled time starts. It's up to the individual employer to determine whether to set a policy for late arrivals, which would include a grace period.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Do you have any questions about this?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer