Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If I refuse to sign an unjust write up at my car dealership…

Customer Question
If I refuse to...

If I refuse to sign an unjust write up at my car dealership are they legally allowed to deny me a copy?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Oklahoma. I work here. I didn't buy a car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have talked to a lawyer about a retaliation case, but not proceeded with anything as she told me I'd need to be fired. I had gone to HR about sexual harassment. It blew up in my face. On top of that I've been asking for my back pay for months. Money they owe me. Money I've earned. They simply don't care. Every time it's a different excuse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There's so much more, but no. I just need some guidance. It's obvious they are trying to get rid of me. I've received 4 write ups in the span of approximately a week for the most ridiculous lies/ half-truths/non issues. I'm a hard worker and I take pride in my job. It's just absolutely absurd.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/5/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

please do review. It would honestly be much better to call for further communication. Work is insane.

No problem. You will probably get a phone call request electronically from the system very soon so we can discuss.