Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Union negotiated a willful termination as a voluntary

Union negotiated a willful...

Union negotiated a willful termination as a voluntary termination when I specifically told them not to do this. Is this legal? Does this imply that they are also retracting their false statements to the professional disciplinary board?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

I was terminated after the union was voted in and before they were certified as bargaining agent. Hence, changing a wrongful termination into a willful termination, which I believe will negatively affect my whistleblower case against employer. And yes everything is documented.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It's been more than 7 yrs since union was voted in and they still do not have a contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Very complicated case and multiple suits involved. Have excellent evidence against employer. I am a healthcare whistleblower.

3/5/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Not legal where deviated from directions provided.On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
helpful thank you. I have been in several courts for years and still litigating.
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get credit by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer