Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm not in a position to lose my job. If I file a grievance…

I'm not in a position...
I'm not in a position to lose my job. If I file a grievance with the office I work at, HR will simply send that grievance back to the person I am complaining about. If I send my complaint to corporate, I still worry I will lose my job
3/4/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I understand that concern. Retaliation is a practical reality. Legally, you would have a claim for retaliation if they did that, and so you may want to use a lawyer to file the complaint to protect you from such action.

If my reply is acceptable, kindly respond "yes' or "acceptable"

Great, kindly click on a 5 star rating.

Infolawyer, Lawyer