Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am looking for some information on filing an employment…

Customer Question
Hi! I am looking...

Hi! I am looking for some information on filing an employment discrimination claim in Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

(a) where do you file an employment claim in VA against a governmental agency (specifically, the department of health for age and/or disability discrimination) (b) what is the statute of limitations? (c) will her resigning bar her claim?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I do not have that information at this time, but I believe full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that should be sufficient

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 11 days by:
3/15/2018
Employment Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question this evening. I'm attorney Bill answering your workplace fairness question this evening.

You need to file your complaint within 180 of the event so that you aren't statute barred.

You have a choice to file with the State agency-

Council on Human Rights
Suite 1202, Washington Building *****
Richmond, VA 23219
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

or the Federal EEOC

https://www.eeoc.gov/field/newyork/charge.cfm

You can file online with the EEOC and within 10 days they will contact your employer and send you a copy fot he charge.

You can be invited to mediation, a written response can be requested from your employer or the EEOC and you the EEOC may sue or give you a right to sue the employer as a result of the investigation.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive rating is what gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill