Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been employed with Talentnet since for close to 2…

I have been employed...

I have been employed with Talentnet since for close to 2 years as a program ambassador. In Oct we were told we were being moved into a relationship manager role for the client we sell too. On feb 2 - Micah one one the partners and president of Tundra which Is the sister company emailed me and we set up a call to speak. On that call I was told Talentnet would be making some changes, they had recently added a team member of Talentnet to relocate to New York from Toronto on the same account I was supporting. On this call it was announced she could take over my role and i could move to Tundra. If I didn’t move to Tundra I was told cuts need to be make on talentnet ( my salary he felt too high). He then said as a result he would have to direct Talentnet to take the Appropriate measures. I was also told my salary would be cut to work for Tundra from 85k plus commission to 79 k plus commission. I told them a few days later I would give it a try. (Tundra is a staffing company and does sell Talentnet software.) I signed an offer letter and was still working on Talentnet until feb end of day feb 26th. Offer has too dates on it feb 9 and in schedule c feb 19th which I was told after I brought it to their attention to go by the later. On feb 27th I was emailed by Rosie Young title employee success manager (HR) that I would need to sign a resignation later in which they attached for me to sign backdated to feb 16th. I have sent the first email and my responses. I was told yesterday by Jeremy Mack who is the sales manager on the Tundra side I would need to sign this letter or the only other option is termination. I do not feel I should sign a resignation letter as this was not my choice. I never applied to work for Tundra and I was told this was a transition originally. See chain below Jaime Sullivan Sent from my iPhone (C)(###) ###-####Begin forwarded message: From: Rosie Young <*****@******.***> Date: February 28, 2018 at 8:49:16 AM EST To: ***** ***** <*****@******.***> Cc: Nikita Karki <*****@******.***>, Ryan Corkum <*****@******.***> Subject: RE: Resignation letter from TalentNet Hi Jaime, pls call me at your convince and I can clarify everything for you. Thank you http://www.tundratechnical.ca/Tundra-EmailSignatureImage.png Rosie Young DIRECTOR OF ASSOCIATE SUCCESS Phone:(###) ###-####/ 1(###) ###-####Ext. 105

Mobile:(###) ###-####Fax: 1(###) ###-####Email:***@******.*** Office: * ******** ****** ****, ***** ****, ********, *******, M4P 3A1 Website: www.tundratechnical.com To unsubscribe from receiving emails related to employment opportunities, please email us at***@******.*** From: Jaime Sullivan Sent: February 28, 2018 8:39 AM To: ***** ***** <*****@******.***> Cc: Nikita Karki <*****@******.***> Subject: Re: Resignation letter from TalentNet Hi Rosie As a follow up in light of yesterday I have some concerns that I would like address. First I was hoping you could clarify what you meant by documentation I was not working for a weekend as there has been no lapse in my employment. Secondly I want to know if this transition to Tundra is any way impacting my health insurance by way of coverage or lapse? I also would like to have some detail if on pay such as how this will effect me as when I can expect a check ( will one be held back , etc). This transition has really not been clearly explained so the more information you can provide to me would be much appreciated. Jaime Sullivan Sent from my iPhone (C)(###) ###-####On Feb 27, 2018, at 3:30 PM, Rosie Young <*****@******.***> wrote: Hi Jaime, I understand what you are saying but you weren’t terminated and it’s one or the other. Can you explain how would this would negativity impact you if you were receiving unemployment. Maybe there is something I don’t know about. You have documentation stating you were not working for a p

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No they want me to sign a resignation letter but I never resigned they transitioned me into another roll at the sister company and I don't want to jeopardize any unemploymnet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Answered in 1 day by:
3/3/2018
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Can you write/edit the resignation letter? "I am leaving TalentNet at the request of the Partner in order to begin work at Tundra, the sister company. I enjoyed my employment with Tundra, & I understand that to remain employed I must now change companies."A change to a sister company is not really a transfer. It's new employment. The only time an employer requests a resignation letter from an employee is if the employer does not want the employee to file for unemployment.
Since you are starting new employment, the resignation is not really the issue. You should be asking, as I see that you did, "Am I considered a New Hire with Tundra, meaning do my benefits start all over? Leave time, health benefits, etc. will there be a lapse in health care coverage or will I continue to be covered during the transition between companies?"
Did you have additional questions? If not, please reward me with a positive rating so that I may get credit for the session and close it out!!!! 3 stars or higher!!! Thanks
Hi there! In order for my session to be completed & closed out, please accept the answer & provide a rating (3 stars or higher please!) thanks so much & I hope your issue has been resolved.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. 3
No problem!
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer