Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm trying to find out if I need a lq a. Lawyer for a

I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out if I need a lq a

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Lawyer for a statement someone made on my work facebook page that is wrong and could cost me a lot of business

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Maine

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I tell you what it is about or tell him/her

2/23/2018
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Can you tell me more about your situation?

I got into a discussion with a person on Facebook about the second amendment and he didn’t like my views so he posted on my business page of the company I work for that I am defending the murder of the children in Florida which is a very false statement. I sell cars and my page is my introduction to our community.

Is the comment still there, or were you able to get it removed? Have your sales been reduced since the statement went up?

I blocked it from view but I have no way of knowing who won’t come in just because they saw it. I’m contacting a local lawyer today and Facebook as well. Thank you for your assistance I’m all set now.

Facebook may not be willing to assist unless the statement violates their terms of service, but since it's already gone, they may decide the issue has been resolved. (Which is not to say you should've left it up - taking it down is important to mitigate your potential losses). I understand that it's tough to know who won't come in. I was just trying to gather information before going over the law. I can still do that, if you want.

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer