Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

We have approx 35 employees. Myself and the other owner also…

We have approx 35 employees...
We have approx 35 employees. Myself and the other owner also work as W2 employees.
I wanted to know what the laws are as they relate to offering disability and life insurance. Specifically can the company take a insurance policy out on myself and the other owner for buyout in case of death.Additionally can we offer a life insurance policy to our uppermost management team or is that something if we offer it to one we have to offer it to all?
2/20/2018
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Yes, you may offer specific benefits to specific classes of employees. It is important to make sure that the benefits are provided based on a business grouping, such as management, supervisors, full-time, part-time and not based on any discriminatory basis.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.