Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How are you? Is A Different type of question where the

Hi how are you...

Hi how are you ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

Is A Different type of question where the company i own buy a bunch of landscape customers from another landscape business and that business right now is been taking those customers back and we did sign a non compete agreement? what are my rights in this case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No really I just need advice about what to do in this case ?

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You can seek to enforce the non competition. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If needed, can pursue an injunction from the court!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!To prepare, You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
acceptable, but do you believe I have a case about what the owner of the other business is been doing taking the customers we pay for a year ago?
It is a breach! Try to settle and avoid costs of litigation.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.