Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a question regarding employment law. My employer has…

I have a question...

I have a question regarding employment law. My employer has been harassing me and I have been employed by GOAA for 3 years. I'm not a contractor but an employee for GOAA. I have asked for my employment personnel file from Human Resources. They have told me I can have it but it will be a charge $1.00 per page charge. Is this against policy for employment law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Orlando, FL at Greater Orlando Airport. I am an employee of GOAA.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I have worked there for 3 years and this last year they have been harassing me on a daily basis. It has been so stressful that I wound up in the hospital for a month. I have several employees say to me why haven't you reported this to HR? I have gone to HR to help mediate but it's a huge battle.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time employed, and no union. They are not wanting to give me a copy of my employment file. They are stalling, purposely. Do I have a legal right for that? Is there an employment statute that I'm not aware of, or can state to them in writing?

2/15/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, while the employer must provide you access to your employee file, they may charge you a reasonable fee for copying that file. It is not against law or policy to do so I m afraid.

If your harassment has been based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, you need to file a complaint with your EEO, because they would be responsible for investigating claims of harassment for one of these reasons.

If the harassment is not based only on one of those reasons, the laws themselves do not provide any protection from ordinary workplace bullying and as such it is up to your employer only to decide what to do about your complaint.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Review Legal Documents. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Phone call session started
Could you possibly call me now while I am on lunch break? Please?

Pleasure speaking with you.