Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

MY wife works as a CNA for Boca Nursing. The owner Rose

Customer Question
MY wife works as...

MY wife works as a CNA for Boca Nursing . The owner Rose Glamoclija refuses to pay her time and a half for Federal Holidays. I'm retired now but when I worked, employers were required to pay extra for National Holidays. Also, they have made her work weekends for the past two weeks. Ms. Glamoclija told her she is on call and must work anytime she is called. When I worked you had to pay someone to be on call 7/24. Has any of these laws changed in the past 5 years? I am writing because my wife is Lithuanian, and her English is not great, also she is afraid she will be fired if she complains. Thanks, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Other people who have refused to work weekends have been fired. My wife fears she will be fired for complaining. So she just keeps working and says nothing. I tell her to stand up to this woman, but the woman is a dictator, and does not negotiate. When she took the job at $10/hr she was promised a raise to $15 in 3 months. They raised her to $11/hr and she is afraid to ask for what they promised.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Hourly, no union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does she have a case, and can they fire her if she makes a complaint?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/15/2018
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

ok first is the company required to honor overtime pay for national holidays?
I thought this was a pro bono service. We do not have funds to hire an atorney

There is a charge for the service; please contact customer service at ww2.justanswer.com/help and they can explain the account options.

if you are not Pro Bone just refund my $5. and I'll call Legal Services

I don't have access to your account but customer service will be able to help you; please contact them at ww2.justanswer.com/help and they should be able to assist. Thank you.