Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am having a hard time understanding how my employer can…

Customer Question
I am having a hard...
I am having a hard time understanding how my employer can accuse me of having retaliatory behavior when there was no unlawful or illegal behavior Matter of fact I was accused of inappropriate behavior towards another employee, this is not true as I have been employed for over a year at this organization with no behavior or professions discipline. I have an unblemished file until dec 6th which was worded as one episode ?? Is my employer using retaliation in the wrong way?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
2/15/2018
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I see this alot when they want to replace you with younger or cheaper replacement.You should not think for a minute that this is justified.Employees get shafted everyday.The EEOC is really the only protection you have,otherwise you are an employee at will.

Filing with EEOC may make them back off if not you can then claim retaliation.Again please don't let these people guilt trip you.Likely you did nothing wrong and they are making this up as an excuse to try and run you .

I am so sorry that they did this to you and I wish you the best moving forward.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you Ray

You are so welcome.Thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.Have a great day.