Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My former supervisor assaulted me in front of a patient. I…

Customer Question
My former supervisor assaulted...

My former supervisor assaulted me in front of a patient. I have been working win a hostile environment. I don't know why he treats me this way and why he assaulted me. Maybe it's because I'm Asian.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Gilbert, AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yesterday I was terminated. I stated my complaints with two human resource women

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to be compensated for the abuse while I was employed there

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
2/10/2018
Employment Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you

I am working on your answer now. I am sorry for the delay. It takes some time to prepare a complete answer. Please note the phone call requests are generated automatically from the system. I do not control them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you were physically assaulted by a cowrker (supervisor) in the work place, that is a form of illegal discrimination. It is a hostile work place. If you complained about it to HR and they did nothing, and you were fired, that is a form of retaliation.

You need to file a complaint with the Attorney General. They have the authority to investigate and take corrective action.

Here is the link to the AG:

https://www.azag.gov/discrimination/employment

You also want to consult with a local discrimination attorney about bringing a law suit. The attorneys who do this work will meet with you to assess you case at little or no cost. You may be entitled to punitive damages as well as lost income.

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/discrimination/arizona

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney