Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How do I get my employer to inforce the no smoking law? NY.

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get my employer to inforce the no smoking law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Not sure, full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What are my options to remedy the situation?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
2/7/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you

with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Could you help me understand a bit more regarding your circumstances? Is the smoking interfering with your work or are there just people violating the law?