Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can my employer require me to take a drug test if I have…

Can my employer require...

Can my employer require me to take a drug test if I have been on a medical leave of absence when I return to work? They do random testing from a pool of 1500 employees

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, and union and full time

2/6/2018
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Thank you

Yes they can make you drug test once you report to work.This would fall under random drug testing assuming they have not violated their own testing rules.Generally this is urine test not hair follicle.But you have no specific protection once you are released and return to work here.You are like any other employee.

You certainly want to make sure you can pass such random tests here when you return to work.They can terminate you if you fail the test and it is for illegal drugs.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Employment lawyer
Ray, Employment lawyer