Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I feel my manger is discriminating me due to my disability.

Customer Question
I feel my manger...

I feel my manger is discriminating me due to my disability. Feel she’s looking for anything to get me writien up. I want to write a letter to my hr dept and looking for advise on how to do so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 13 days ago.Category: Employment Law
2/6/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 13 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You want to outline the treatment you are receiving and point to specific instances of discrimination. You want to ask for a meeting to address possible solutions. If needed, can have a lawyer send it locally or coped for added leverage, or have one get involved if HR is not receptive.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
How can I fine a lawyer to get involve. Would you have a template I can follow when writing the letter. I’m afraid to write a letter

I would recommend having a meeting with HR, not a letter.

if a letter is needed, it should come from an employment lawyer, for added impact and is it more adversarial.

You can find local counsel using avvo.com by location and practice.

Is my reply fast and acceptable?

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer