Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I filed a complaint with my boss being aggressive, having a…

Customer Question
I filed a complaint...

I filed a complaint with my boss being aggressive, having a hostile work environment not working comfortably. HR got involved, tried to settle, had an agreement between my boss and I. I went to a vacation, when I came back performance issue arise. I, complained again, HR letting them know retaliating. I asked for a transfer but l still felt not comfortable for the fact that they are both on the same page such as having a notice for day off or 3 hours off vacation need to be filed within 2 weeks notice. 1

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I did not report it yet but HR emailed me wanted a meeting

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is not going to show here online right

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
2/6/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, generally California law protects against hostile work environments if the hostility is based on your sex, age, gender, or race. If there is a boss who is just awful because of some other reason, then it's not covered by employment law. Because the underlying harassment may not be covered, the retaliation may not be covered either.What other questions did you have for me regarding this?
Tina, Lawyer