Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was physically attacked by my employer because I question…

I was physically attacked by...
I was physically attacked by my employer because I question his action of not honoring my day off in lieu if a raise myself and another employee received 9 years ago and yes their was a witness to the incident.
1/19/2018
John, Employment Lawyer

The first thing you should do is file a police report. Regardless of whether the prosecutor decides to prosecute, you can use that report as evidence in any civil action that you take, including a wrongful termination action. You likewise have a civil cause of action for assault and battery, in which the employer would be liable to you for any and all damages on a personal and corporate basis (i.e., he and his company are liable).

Please leave a positive rating before you exit this chat as it is the only way I get credit for my answers. If you have any questions in the future regarding this matter come back to this thread and I'll be happy to answer. Thanks and good luck with the matter.

I did file a report that's why he fired me. I requested an apology for the abuse and my job back .
This was an excellent response to my question and I am fully satisfied. Thank you for getting back to me so promptly.

I see. You have a blatant case of wrongful termination. You will need to file a private claim against him and the employer in civil court for financial redress of this.

John, Employment Lawyer