Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Is there a statute in the state of which would make

Is there a statute in...
Is there a statute in the state of Virginia which would make reference to the response given in the previous question? Thanks
1/18/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

for which proposition?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can an employer in the mental health field who contracts an individual as a 1099 (independent contractor) to provide mental health services to clients by billing insurance companies (Bluecross, Medicaid, etc) deduct hourly pay of $8 an hour (contractor makes $42hr) in the event aclients'documentation is not in the company's' database within 48 hours. Average session would be 2hrs (-$16). The employer had not incurred any losses which would have affected them. Would this be a deceiving practice? Is this lawful?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
was in reference to the response to this question
Not statutory but would be a claim for common law fraud.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. Would fraud be the issue that the employer be deducting $8?
Correct especially where doing so knowingly and intentionally.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Infolawyer, Lawyer