Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My question to you is I was harassed my by my supervisor, I…

Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** question to you is I was harassed my by my supervisor, I wrote my employer a letter about the harassment on 5/7/17. He was reassigned. He input an entry in my case notes that management and the President of the Union knew was inaccurate, inappropriate and false. In December 2017, I request to have the information deleted. Management refused to do so. What action can I take?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

1/17/2018
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You can ask to write a rebuttal to the entry and have it added to your personnel file. You can also check with your union rep because some union contracts give employees the RIGHT to have a rebuttal included in their file. If it's not expressly written into your contract, there is no right to have the rebuttal added to your file but most employers will do it anyway.

I hope this helps. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

I can't read the entire respond.

Here is what I wrote above:

Is it too late to file a EEOC compliant?
I am waiting for a respond to my second question.

The EEOC only handles discrimination on the basis of legally protected traits, such as race, religion, disability, etc. That said, if you believe you are being treated differently because of one of these things, you generally must file with the EEOC within 180 days of the discriminatory event.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer