Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I increased my 401L and IRA but my employer never increased…

Customer Question
I increased my 401L...

I increased my 401L and IRA but my employer never increased it or corrected it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No, they made so many errors that I discussed with them I was not paid for months over there errors.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

YEs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Company was acquired (fprtune 22_, and now I'm sure I'm a redumdant but they made me live with all of the 401K errors with no income and no corrections

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
1/17/2018
Employment Lawyer: amir atashi rang, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
amir atashi rang
An employer who establishes a 401k plan for the benefit of its employees has a responsibility to operate that plan following all regulatory requirements. The plan must appoint a custodian or trustee to ensure that this is done. The custodian has many responsibilities in this process. This Is usually under federal law — ERISA. Please ask for the name of the custodian or trustee of the plan and then write a grievance letter to the trustee, highlighting the inaccuracies.
I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. Thank you and good luck
Five stars are greatly appreciated:)
amir atashi rang
amir atashi rang
amir atashi rang, Lawyer