Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a coworker fired due to not follow company rules and…

I have a coworker...

I have a coworker fired due to not follow company rules and displayed accordingly and she was trying to improve her behave and is very hard worker and team player which is very important can she b rehired?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Like what ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Alot off hear say stories and displIne

1/13/2018
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Legally speaking, there is nothing that would PROHIBIT the employer from re-hiring the employee. However, the decision is completely up to the employer to make. They do not "have" to rehire the employee under any circumstance. So, all the employee can do is apply and attempt to reason with the employer that they are a hard worker and should be reconsidered.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

She was just suspended for 3 day and called to say she was gonna b late and got fired over the phone by human resources

Thank you for your reply. I'm not quite sure what you are asking, though. Are you asking a question?

What is your followup question exactly?

You provided additional facts, but I don't see a question...

She just got fired over the phone this morn after calling in she was gonna b late can she b rehired?
Can she b rehired?
it's all up to the employer if reinstatement b considered?

It's completely up to the employer. She CAN be rehired, but the employer doesn't HAVE to rehire. She should speak to HR and see if it is possible to reason with them. That would typically be her best bet.

What if the HR lady has it in for her personally like if she hates her
Can a supervisor get her rehired by defending the employee?

She can try speaking to her boss or to her boss's boss. Anyone who will listen and possibly reconsider the decision. Again, she cannot force them to re-hire her, so she has to try and be persuasive any way she can.

Can an supervisor defending an fired employee can get her rehired?

Yes, it is certainly possible.

Ok what can a supervisor say to human resource to get her rehired? Examples?

That she is a hard worker and an indispensable employee. That termination was unwarranted and that she should be given a second chance. Finally, the supervisor should make the point that they are in the best position of anyone to gauge the employee's work performance and that their opinion should therefore be given great weight in deciding what to do.

I hope this helps. Again, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Patrick, Esq.
Thank u very much

You are very welcome, I wish your friend the best of luck in getting her job back.