Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm trying to decide if I need to seek legal advice on a…

Customer Question
I'm trying to decide...

I'm trying to decide if I need to seek legal advice on a situation that occurred at my former job.I worked at a child care center and they accused me of maltreatment of a child who I had in my care.I feel like I did not maltreat this child.I resigned from this place because I did not like how they were accusing me of maltreatment .I have now received a letter from the Department Of Human Services that this child care center has reported me maltreating a child.The letter request me to call the Department Of Human Services to give them information on this event.I'm wondering if I should not call them back and obtain legal representation.I also want to know what type of a lawyer I should be using. Thank you Angela

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm from Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The Child care center reported the event to the Department of Human services and the licensing division has sent me this letter stating they are investigating this matter and request for me to call them and answer their questions they have in reference to this matter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What type of Lawyer would I need?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/10/2018
Employment Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There are lawyers who specialize in child abuse, family law, and criminal defense. Someone with these types of backgrounds would be the right type to represent you in this issue. Here's a website showing some of those types of lawyers in Minnesota: https://www.avvo.com/child-abuse-lawyer/mn.html

And I would absolutely recommend hiring an attorney to represent you in this matter, even if you are sure you didn't do anything wrong. A lawyer will be able to prepare you for this interview so it does not get worse (like opening a criminal investigation).