Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I been place on suspension for over 10 week without pay for

Customer Question
Second opinion] I been place...
Second opinion] I been place on suspension for over 10 week without pay for a allegend complain from a staff member on site listening to a sex verbal conversation with clients at the workplace I was told by my employer that under contract with subcontractor they required to due a investigation To make a longer story short My Employer didn't find no evidence/Proof of sexual misbehavior and request my present back as a employee with their firm I fill for UPI the same day i was told i was on suspension but as yet unemployment has delay my claim they accuse is no agent has been assign to my case I was told be my employer they want me back My Question is who responsible for my unemployment compensation money owe to me because I wasn't at fault for suspension My Employer And/or UPI /unemployment Insurance
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Part time at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes during these tough 3 month i was force to gain employment partime due to finnacial going into debit and possible facing eviction i had no other choice to find employment elsewhere i been working 3 week now My former employer call me back today and said i have my job back with the firm i don't know what to do because i scare if i voluntary resign i dont know whether i will be compensated for my loss wage by my former employer and/or UPI unemployment insurance
Submitted: 12 days ago.Category: Employment Law
1/10/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 12 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you were wrongfully suspended, then your employer owes you back wages. Your employer is responsible for your wages for all those months you were suspended without pay.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law