Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was discharge fro a facility because I was coming up to 10

Customer Question
years seniorty and the company...
I was discharge fro a facility because I was coming up to 10 years seniorty and the company was down sizing because they closed a facility. I have no problem with that What I had a problem with is that doing my work tenure there I received up to 4 hours every two weeks for 80 hours of work. In the last 2 years my facility was short of staff and I was allowed
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: to keep roll over my APL time. I had accumulated 139 hours and I was given
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a 2 week notice that my services will be termined. I asked for my APL time and was told that there policy was all APL time will be foreifited at time of separation. is this fair
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I worked out a partly deal with management where they paid me for 80 of the 139 hours. I did this becasue I wanted part of my APL hours.
Submitted: 6 days ago.Category: Employment Law
1/10/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

What are you referring to as APL?

In what State are you located?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 6 days ago
Aprove leave of absence State of Michigan
you get 4.0 hours for 80 hours of work anthing less than that is prorated .You canuse this time for vacation or sick leave and you get paid for that time off.if you have APL to cover your absence
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 5 days ago

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

The APL is considered a fringe benefit and since the employer has policy on it--on using it for vacation or sick leave/paid time off, you must be paid for the total of the APL. Otherwise, you can file a wage claim with Michigan Department of Labor. Click here for claim information and forms.

Goodluck with your claim,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law