Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was discriminated at work and I have expressed this to

Customer Question
Human Resources. JA: Because employment law...
I was discriminated at work and I have expressed this to Human Resources.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida. She laughed and told me she doesn't need to tell me why I didn't get the promotion. Since then I have been pulled into the office and asked why I didn't answer my email while I was sick on Saturday. Today they brought in the company attorney to speak with everyone and now I just received an email for 4 people to meet with him privately for 30 minutes. Should I?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I told her why did I not get the promotion? Was it due to my gender?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. They did not post the opening. They waited until I went on vacation and when I got back he had the position.
Submitted: 12 days ago.Category: Employment Law
1/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 12 days ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You may want to attend with counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
Should I meet with the company lawyer?
I would not without a lawyer present for you.
Postpone until you hire a lawyer to attend with you.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 12 days ago
My husband is also employed there and of the 4 people they picked he was also on the list. Should he meet with him?
It’s better to have counsel retained first.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy new year!
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Would you take my case or do you know of a lawyer that would?
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 days ago
Site rules don’t permit us.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy new year!
Infolawyer, Lawyer