Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If we pay 2 bereavement days for in lawws, are we required…

Customer Question
If we pay 2...

If we pay 2 bereavement days for in lawws, are we required to pa ex in laws?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am the professional who will be assisting you.

Divorce would legally sever the family relationship. So, you could distinguish between the ex and current in-laws.

In effect, they are not in-laws if they are "ex" in-laws. There is not legal status to an "ex" in-law.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!