Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been working in this position since January 3, 2006.

Customer Question
I have been working...

I have been working in this position since January 3, 2006. This company is in Toronto Canada. Since, this company has been sold in 2011. And since 2012, the insurance laws have changed causing the company to transfer me to a company-sub. They are talking about ending my contract. When I started I was expecting a severance. Now that I am switched to another sub company, I am told I'm not entitled. do I have a law suit?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Currently I was transferred to a company that sits in Alpharetta Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I live in Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Does your contract with them say that you would be entitled to severance? No new contract was issued when you moved to the new sub company?