Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was just medically disqualified from a job with the TSA…

Customer Question
Hi, I was just...

Hi, I was just medically disqualified from a job with the TSA due to disclosing I have a prescription for Xanax. Do I have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in NY but the TSA health services are in FL. It's a Government job.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

It would be FT and TSO officers can join the union by choice from what I understand.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it. I just don't know if I should let it go or not.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
1/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you were denied employment based on a medical condition or perceived disability, you need to file a complaint with the EEOC first for discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act. They cannot deny you employment based on a disability or perceived disability as long as you can demonstrate you can perform the job safely, so you need to file a complaint with the EEOC and pursue your claim against them for discrimination under the ADA.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney