Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Refused. I was refused a vacation and refused vacation pay…

Customer Question
I was refused a...

I was refused a vacation and refused vacation pay when I left Genesis Health and Rehab. Foxchase facility.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full-time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

50r 6 American born nurses have left in the last month.It seems they only hire African born nurses.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Employment Law
1/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Which state?

Was your vacation time vested?

Does the employer have any policy regarding vacation pay for departing employees? Have other employees been paid vacation pay upon departure?

Tina, Lawyer